This year the Central BC Railway and Forestry Museum is thinking outside of the box to provide a COVID-friendly Celebration of Lights!
Everyone’s safety is a top priority! Walking through and exploring the park is not possible so this year’s event is a drive thru experience. Expect to delight in over one hundred thousand lights and light displays, rail cars and buildings as you drive thru a designated route. Turn on the holiday tunes, reduce the speed of the season (and your vehicle), and take a tour through the frozen wonder of the Central BC Railway and Forestry Museum’s eight-acre industrial park.
The route has been mapped out to provide the best viewing experience of the lights and displays, so please slow down, and stay on track!
This year, we received a large donation of lights and light displays that are set up in the park along River Road. These lights are dedicated to Rose Novak and will be available to be seen and enjoyed by everyone driving down River Road as well as through the park.
Dates: December 18 – 23, 27 – 30 (Closed December 24, but there will be lights on along River Road for everyone to see)
Times: 5 pm – 9 pm nightly
Cost: $15 per vehicle
- PREBOOKING IS MANDATORY
- Bookings are in 15-minute intervals, with 20 vehicles max. driving through during that time
- Prepay online or in person (during office hours Wednesday – Sunday 11 am – 4 pm)
- On arrival at the Central BC Railway and Forestry Museum, vehicles should line up in the designated area and wait to be let inside the park
- Place the online transaction printout or the receipt from paying in person on the dashboard
- DRIVE SLOWLY – the max speed is 5km/hour
MANDATORY COVID PROTOCOLS:
- STAY IN THE VEHICLE!
- Keep windows rolled up, but be prepared and bring masks in case emergency in-person communication with staff is required
- The Visitor Centre will be closed to the public and bathrooms will not be accessible
- By purchasing a ticket, you agree to assisting with and complying with the safety and COVID protocols of this event