It’s 12 Days of Festive Fun with all of the Northern Routes destination points!
Follow along for events and activities at Northern BC’s premier museums, galleries and cultural attractions that will make the holiday season extra special:
- December 1: On the 1st Day of Festive Fun, visit the Prince George Festival of Trees and find Huble Homestead’s charming little tree. This fundraising event for the Spirit of the North Healthcare Foundation runs from November 30 to December 4.
- December 2: On the 2nd Day of Festive Fun, enjoy a special night of late night shopping at the Whistle Stop Gallery until 8 pm. The gallery is filled with original works from paintings to carvings and pottery.
- December 3: On the 3rd Day of Festive Fun, find something unique for that hard to buy for person at Barkerville Historic Town & Park‘s online store. Get 10% off plus free shipping on purchases over $100 this holiday season, like a handcrafted fire poker from Cameron & Ames Blacksmith Shop!
- December 4: On the 4th Day of Festive Fun, Head to Two Rivers Gallery this afternoon for a special FREE Creative Space Sunday soap carving activity. It’s one of the many fun events happening at the 27th Annual Civic Light Up!
- December 5: On the 5th Day of Festive Fun, get ready for the Friends of the Fort St James National Historic Site‘s Heritage Christmas Market and Gingerbread House Contest this Friday and Saturday at Fort St. James National Historic Site. (Entries into the Gingerbread House Contest must be dropped off on Friday!)
- December 6: On the 6th Day of Festive Fun, the Valemount Museum is open seasonally May through September, but you can spend time exploring their archives and collections year-round online.
- December 7: On the 7th Day of Festive Fun, it’s time to plan your visit to Central BC Railway and Forestry Museum‘s Celebration of Lights 2022. The event runs December 18 – 30 and tickets are available online now.
- December 8: On the 8th Day of Festive Fun, take a moment to read artist Marge McDougall’s story about the true meaning of Christmas. Marge was a Finlay Forks resident in the 1940s and 50s, and many of her paintings are displayed at the Mackenzie Museum.
- December 9: Mr. PG is dressed for the holiday season! Get yours today at Elements Retail at The Exploration Place.